An Italian 18th century Louis XVI period giltwood, gilt metal crystal, and cut glass chandelier, from Turin
A stunning and extremely unique Italian 18th century Louis XVI period giltwood, gilt metal crystal, and cut glass chandelier, from Turin. The large scale eighteen arm and twenty eight light chandelier is centered by a lovely hand blown bottom glass... — Read More
A stunning and extremely unique Italian 18th century Louis XVI period giltwood, gilt metal crystal, and cut glass chandelier, from Turin. The large scale eighteen arm and twenty eight light chandelier is centered by a lovely hand blown bottom glass ball below beautiful swaging beaded glass garlands and a reeded giltwood urn shaped reserve. Above additional most decorative intertwining beaded glass garlands are six supports, each adorned with gilt metal acanthus leaves concealing additional lights and which branch out to three arms. Each arm displays richly carved mottled foliate beaded giltwood candle cups and sensational Greek key designs. The elegant tapered baluster shaped central fut displays lovely finely detailed foliate carvings encased with additional beautiful intertwining beaded glass garlands and two tiers of exceptional sprays with a superb array of cut glass and crystal pendants. Concealed at the center and top crown are additional light bulbs which illuminated the cage and central fut giving a fabulous warm glow in low lighting. All original gilt throughout. — Read Less
- Weight: 55 lbs / 24.9425 kg
- Item # 7562
H: 58 in L: 48 in D: 48 in
H: 147 cm L: 122 cm D: 122 cm
- 18th Century
- Crystal, Gilt Metal, Giltwood, Glass
- Louis XVI Period
Not ready to receive this item just yet?
Payment Plan Option Learn More
- Wire Transfer
- Credit Card
- Optional Payment Plan
Why Choose Us?
Acquire with confidence.
- Purchasing online can be worrisome, we try to allay concerns by offering a 3-day window to decide on a purchase once it arrives.
- Each handpicked item is brought back to its original beauty and luster by our team of European master craftsmen, done by hand – The Old Fashion Way, using old world techniques and European products.
- Our team strives to maintain a strong collaboration with each client, private or in the trade, to help guide and confirm satisfaction with each acquisition.
Unparalleled Customer Service
Item # 9407 - H: 75" D: 43"
Item # 9503 - H: 37" D: 29"
Item # 8296 - H: 76" L: 51" D: 34"