Maison Odiot was founded in 1690 Paris by Jean-Baptiste-Gaspard Odiot. His grandson Jean-Baptiste-Claude Odiot (1763-1850) became master in 1785. Following the retirement of silversmith Henri Auguste in 1809, Jean-Baptiste-Claude Odiot became purveyor to the Emperor Napoleon Bonaparte.
His son Charles-Nicolas took over in 1823 and became purveyor by appointment to King Louis-Philippe and the Orléans family.
His son Jean-Baptiste-Gustave Odiot, registered his mark on 31 October 1865. Between 1894 and 1906 Gustave Odiot was associated with Emile Prévost and Paul Edouard Récipon. They introduced the maker’s mark: “PR”, above an antique lamp and “Cie” below. The Odiot family managed the firm during more than two centuries from 1690 until 1906.