Henry Dasson (1825–1896) was a renowned 19th century Parisian maker of gilt-bronze mounted furniture. Unlike other cabinetmakers of the time Dasson began his career as a bronze sculptor, and consequently one characteristic of his work is the quality of his bronze and more precisely of the chasing. Dasson specialized in the production of Louis XIV, XV and XVI style furniture using the finest gilt-bronze mounts, and was recognized as a brilliant ‘ébéniste and bronzier’. He participated in the 1878 Paris Exposition Universelle and exhibited a number of pieces in the Louis XV and XVI styles, as well as pieces of his own modified 18th century designs. Including a table entirely in gilt-bronze, purchased by Lord Dudley. His copy of the celebrated ‘Bureau du Roi’ sold to Lady Ashburton. His works prompted critic Louis Gonse to comment: “newcomer Henri Dasson is rapidly rising to great heights through the perfection of his high quality creations, we warmly applaud him”
Dasson was made a Chevalier of the Légion d’honneur in 1883 and was awarded the Grand Prix Artistique at the 1889 Paris Exposition Universelle.